Call Today to Schedule an Appointment (239) 931-3168
Concealed Weapon Class – Fort Myers
Florida State Law:
Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. As a licensed gun dealer in Fort Myers we can provide this proof after you complete our concealed weapons class.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm.
- Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces, submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application. Those who are ‘Resident Aliens’ must provide a valid Permanent Resident Alien card.
Some Reasons for Ineligibility
- The physical inability to handle a firearm safely.
- A felony conviction (unless civil and firearm rights have been restored by the convicting authority).
- A conviction for a misdemeanor crime of violence in the last three years.
- A conviction for violation of controlled substance laws or multiple arrests for such offenses.
- A record of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Two or more DUI convictions within the previous three years.
- Being committed to a mental institution or adjudged incompetent or mentally defective.
- Failing to provide proof of proficiency with a firearm.
- Having been issued a domestic violence injunction or an injunction against repeat violence that is currently in force.
- Renouncement of U.S. citizenship.
- A dishonorable discharge from the armed forces.
- Being a fugitive from justice.